Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What Inspires Me: Carroll - Camden Industrial Area



I recently started working in an office near M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. I was a little skeptical about the area at first but quickly grew to love it! The industrial buildings offer a great backdrop for photo shoots. And there are hidden gems that I would never have found without exploring...


Inline image 1

I stumbled into my new favorite place on Bayard Street, House Werks architectural shop. I pulled into their parking lot after seeing 1920's office furniture, among other industrial pieces in the lot. I then walked into their salvaged wonderland, housed in the original Chesapeake Gas Company building (built in 1885). I was shocked that I had never heard of House Werks, especially having been to Second Chance oodles of times.

Inline image 2

Another awesome discovery was Charlie and Dee's (funny name if you've ever seen the show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"), the best sandwich shop around. The couple has owned the deli for over 25 years. Not only are Charlie and Dee the friendliest duo, they make a mean sandwich. Talk about best bang for your buck, you get a freshly-sliced 5 inch-tall sandwich for under five bucks.


Inline image 3
 
Camden is easy to get to, and there's always parking! Take a field trip to the area if you haven't already.

Written by: Charms City Company

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, just a moment back I was searching for the information on the same topic and now I am here. So much information, really well executed blog. This is really informative.Thanks for sharing.

street teams