Monday, August 13, 2012

Favorite Etsy Shop: Olele

I've become a bit obsessed recently with folding hand fans.  A friend of mine brought one back as a gift from Japan a couple of years ago, and I've found it to be so useful!  It's lightweight, easy to use, and fits into every bag I own (not to mention, it is a serious lifesaver for those hot and humid summer days!).  I've been considering purchasing another one, which is how I stumbled upon the fabulous and funky Olele on Etsy.  Each fan is handcrafted by Spanish-based artisan Karmele Luqui using top quality wood staves, and a beautiful array of ethnic fabrics.  They come with matching leather cases as well, so the fan stays in tip-top shape for years to come- what a wonderful and unique gift, perfect for keeping cool during these final days of summer!


Written by Rachael of Open Eyes Press

All photos courtesy Olele.

No comments: