Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What I'm Working On: Sewing with my Daughter

This fall I wanted to make homeschooling my 11 year old daughter really fun and different. She has begged for years to spend more time learning to sew, but with three little boys, time always slips by. I wanted it to change so we started by making her a little wristlet. However as all you other sewists out there can agree, she has caught the bug and wants to sew more NOW!

A quilt is what she really wants to make. But not just any quilt. A full size quilt for the bed she has requested because "I am growing up you know". This is a huge project for us to tackle in the evenings when I'm usually crafting for my own business. Having never made a quilt before I feel the need for a pattern for general sizing. This is the one she likes the best, although I think the amazing fabrics are what drew her in.
Quilt by Sweet Jane.

Now in our house we have baskets of sewing stuff. I hope that you are now inspired too!
Written by Jenni of Lana Bella.

No comments: