Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Inspirations: Insa-Dong, Seoul, Art & Craft Street

This past summer, my little girl and I went to Seoul, Korea to visit my family. Every time I go visit, I always explore Insa-Dong street for more than a day. In the middle of downtown Seoul, surrounded by sky scrappers and a ton of busy people around, there is a little street called
Insa-Dong, Seoul, Korea. There they have a lot of indie art galleries, craft supply shops, and a traditional art store.

What I noticed in past couple of years was that today’s handmade movement was meeting traditional Korean craft right in Insa-Dong. Ssamzie-Gil is one of places. Not just traditional Korean craft, but handmade items that young crafters bring there are so amazing.



Written by In-Sung of namoo.etsy.com

1 comment:

Jill Popowich Designs said...

It really is an inspiring place with really wonderful art/craft. I had an opportunity to visit on a business trip a few years ago and brought back a few lovely things. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.