Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Favorite Etsy Shop-suzannaanna


As a graphic designer and illustrator, I’m drawing to all things graphic, especially if they have texture. I collect old wooden printers type and love the posters that are printed with it, the edges are all rough an imperfect. So much character. I saw one of suzannaanna’s pieces on the front page of Etsy one day and just had to see more.


I was intrigued not only by her use of typography but the subject matter as well. They are all phrases from songs that are arranged compositionally across multiple panels. But if you look close enough there are subtle layers to the compositions that give them a secondary texture.


Not only are the compositions interesting, but her pallets lean toward rich warm earthy tones which I tend to be drawn to.



In addition to the graphic pieces, she has a number of paintings which follow the same mannerisms, lots of texture and color yet simple and bold.

www.suzannaanna.etsy.com

No comments: