Monday, September 27, 2010

Favorite Etsy Shop-alyssaettinger

I'm a bit of a pack rat as many of you know. I 'collect' things – Fiestaware (I have to keep and eye on Ms. Brokenplate when she is at my house), fruit crate labels, antique bathroom products, old printer's type, etc... I love retro designs from the 20's, 30's and 40's, especially if it has a graphic twist to it such as packaging or other ephemera. When I saw alyssaettinger's porcelain bottles I was immediately taken with them.



I love the simplicity of using something that was once so ordinary and manufactured and turning it into something so delicate and beautiful while still keeping it's same form and purpose.


Typography from the 20's, 30's and 40's has always caught my eye. Probably because I know it was all done by hand which is an art form all to itself. This collection of bottles intrigues me not only because the bottles are beautiful but I love that the collection represents a region.



These vases from cast sweaters are again such a simple and elegant form but the texture brings an interesting juxtaposition to the piece, almost makes you want to snuggle with it.

No comments: