Monday, August 9, 2010

Inspirations: Music in the Studio

photo by Jeff Martin, courtesy of the dcist

Like many others, music has always been a source of inspiration for me. It takes me to that happy place where the world around me disappears and I can immerse myself into my craft for hours at a time. Recently, I was able to see the indie-folk rock band, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. This ten piece band (or twelve, depending on the day) from LA has a cult following, myself included. Their hippie love enables them to become one with the audience, as they invite the crowd into their sometimes dark but also happily naive world through their lyrics. The energy felt in the club that night was like no other. Young and old, hipsters, hippies, and yuppies alike, all brought together by the force of music and a band that wears it's heart on it's sleeve. Next time they're in town, I just may hop on their bus and head out to the commune. At least in my studio daydreams....

written by sugar paperie