Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What I'm Working On: LSilberman

I'm new to BEST and excited to share some of my papercuts with everyone. I'm always trying to do something a little different with each one, and right now, I'm playing with some more pet-related papercuts. Perhaps this is all inspired by MDSPCA's March for the Animals on Sunday, April 18?

Anyway, this one is based on my own dog, Echo, who is a mix of Eskimo and Jack Russell Terrier. Normally, I work entirely freehand, but this time, I tried printing the image onto some copy paper first (I'm just using copy paper for experimenting. Most of my work is done with bristol board, but I'm planning on trying out some different paper types this spring.).

This is the original image:
This is the work in process:
And here's the final piece:

What do you all think? I'm still in the experimenting phase, so if you have an image you'd like me to play with, let me know by emailing me at lauren at lsilberman.com to discuss details.
Written by: LSilberman

4 comments:

tarabu said...

Love that! (and he's a handsome little one!)

Plantress said...

great work.. thanks for sharing

Kathy {Kathy Sews} said...

This is so cool!

Unknown said...

Very cool...How did you do this?