Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baltimore Life: Baugher's U-Pick-It

Lately, I've been feeling a bit like a domestic diva. My friend Shawna, of Pinkkiss Pottery, really has been the inspiration. Since becoming a full-time artist, she has also taken the role of master chef and foodie extraordinaire. The first time she brought me handmade bacon caramels, I was in heaven. Cardamom marshmallows - everyone makes those, right? Homemade yogurt, fresh bread, and lavender shortbread are just a few of her creations. Oh, and nutella ice cream. Truly, a work of art.

So with the dual goal of rekindling my own love affair with the kitchen and in making an effort to be more economical, I have been making my own homemade granola and fresh baked bread. I'll also decided that I must to learn to can my own fruits and vegetables. So imagine my delight when I heard about Baugher's Farm in Westminster. You can pick your own fruits and vegetables, take a tour of the farm, pop into the little fruit market, and finish your day with a home cooked meal at their restaurant. Strawberries are in season, so why not go pick your own this weekend and whip up a homemade pie while you're at it!

Written by sugarpaperie.

3 comments:

tarabu said...

Being less than 15 miles from my house, we spend a lot of time there each year. In a few years our orchard will be full, but in the meantime, I'll see you there - peaches now, then peaches in August. Dear Heaven, how I adore fresh peaches!

Erica said...

Baugher's is awesome!!! Great for pumpkin pickin in the fall too!!!

Jill Popowich Designs said...

Yay for Baugher's! A Westminster treasure.