Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In The Studio With Here Kitty

Hi there! I'm Cat of Here Kitty.

Ever since I was a little girl I've loved taking things apart. Broken radios, watches, and clocks were my favorites. Then, when puberty hit and I became the tallest girl in class (which made me feel awkward) I started fixing things and putting things together.


I don't remember how I got into making jewelry. I guess I have my mother and sisters to thank. If they lost an earring or a necklace came apart, I was the one to see. I took it a step further, started creating my own pieces, and I haven't stopped. There's no better way for me to unwind than to grab my tools and see what happens.


I can set up shop anywhere, but my favorite spot is the vintage table that I "borrowed" from my little sister. I have a box and drawer for everything. That way everything's within reach when I'm inspired.

My favorite metal changes from day to day, and I have a vast collection of vintage keys and beads to chose from. Not everything turns out as planned, which keeps me humble, and I've had quite a few happy accidents along the way.

Rest assured, I put a lot of thought and love into all of my work!

post written by herekitty

1 comment:

tarabu said...

Oh, Cat! What a tidy workplace - I'm so jealous!